Dear Patients and Families,
Thank you so much for your patience as we have tried our best to navigate this challenging time. Your support and understanding have been amazing, and we are looking forward to seeing you in the office in the very near future. We have been busy preparing for your return, researching best practices, communicating with leaders and experts and training our team. Although we are not ready to resume normal operations, we are seeing emergencies and we will begin reaching out to schedule patients with active, unattended orthodontic appliances that may be developing urgent problems. As we anticipate a phased reopening of our practice, I want to share with you some of the ways in which we will be keeping you and your loved ones safe, as well as ensuring the safety of our team.
Orthodontic offices have always been one of the safest public environments due to the protocols we use in our practices. We have always provided the highest level of sanitation and sterilization in our offices.
- Instruments are cleaned, wrapped and sterilized for use on each patient
- Surface disinfectants and regular cleaning ensure the office is ready for your visit
- Gloves, masks and safety glasses help protect patients and providers from communicable diseases
- We use an outside service to monitor the effectiveness of our sterilization equipment and protocols
- We train regularly on the topic of infection control and look for ways to improve, including hiring expert consultants
In addition to the protocols we already have in place, we have been developing and training on new procedures to increase safety during the pandemic. Many of these changes will be temporary; some may be permanent.
- We will be monitoring the temperature and symptoms of each of our employees
- We will not be seeing patients with flu-like symptoms or fever
- We will be taking patients temperatures and asking everyone to wear a mask or face covering in the office, except during the orthodontic procedure
- Parents and siblings will not be allowed in the office, except in the case of young children
- Our toothbrush stations and public bathrooms will be closed
- Our schedule will be altered to reduce the number of patients in the office
- Some procedures will be modified to reduce risk to patients and employees
- Increased levels of PPE will be worn by our team for various types of appointments
- And, unfortunately, no ice cream or cookies will be served for now!
In order to be successful, we are going to need your help. There are some things you can do to help make our return to practice successful. Eventually, we hope to return to a more “normal” routine, but in the meantime, we ask
- If you or someone in your household have flu-like symptoms, fever, or have reason to think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment
- Please “BRUSH REAL GOOD!” before you leave home, since our brushing stations will be closed.
- When you arrive, please wait in the car and text our office at (802) 518-0188
- We will ask you some health screening questions and take your temperature
- Please wear a mask or face covering in the office
- Your appointment may be different than originally planned. We may not be able to accomplish everything in one visit like we have in the past. Thank you for your understanding
- We will call you to schedule your next appointment
We ask for your extreme patience with us. We have had to cancel a tremendous number of appointments and will not be back to full speed when our doors open. We know you have a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible and we share that goal. However, we need to make sure we are operating in a manner which is safe and responsible.
For those who do not yet feel comfortable attending an in-person orthodontic visit, we will continue to provide virtual treatment consultations! This easy process allows you take pictures of your teeth with your cell phone and receive an update on your progress and any recommendations. You can find the virtual consult page at keeneortho.com/vc.
While we are taking these extra precautions seriously, we are also encouraging laughing, smiling, telling jokes, air high fives and fist bumps! We are beyond excited to see our patients again soon and help you achieve the smile of your dreams! Please call or email us with any questions!