We will be hosting an Infection Control seminar with Andrea Cook on Friday, October 26th from 8:00am to Noon at the Mabel Brown room at Keene State College. There is no cost to attend and all attendees will receive 2 CE credits.
or email Marketing@KeeneOrtho.com
The course outline:
From my side of the Chair: What’s new in sterilization and instrument reprocessing for today’s dental offices.
Today’s dental teams are challenged with having the time, knowledge and equipment to process instruments and achieve compliance with the CDC guidelines and sterilization protocols. We will review the current Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings, 2003 as well as the recent update to these guidelines. We will discuss tips and tricks to help make instrument reprocessing safe, fun, and effective for the entire team!
- Understanding the current CDC and OSHA guidelines
- How your team can comply with the guidelines
- Review common cross contamination areas and how to reduce them
How to Communicate More Effectively
Communication is a vital component of any practice. Teams need to find ways to keep the communication channels open among team members without it being overbearing. We must also keep those communication channels open with our patients. It is very easy for team members to get caught up in their day-to-day workloads and forget to interact with another team member for a variety of reasons. There are some basic tools you can put in place that will naturally help the communication process without it feeling intrusive.
- We will discuss the generational differences in today’s office
- We will review different communication styles and dynamics
- We will learn basic communication tools to develop strong relationships