Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who choose patients to be treated by the Foundation.
It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
Guidelines for Applying for an S4L Scholarship
- Guidelines in applying for braces through Smile for a Lifetime Foundation:
- Applicant questionnaire must be handwritten and answered by the applicant.
- Applicant must be a resident of Cheshire or Windham County.
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be between 11 to 17 years old (For further questions please contact your local Smile for a Lifetime Chapter)
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Applicant is encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
Two Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of recommendations may be written by teachers/coaches, counselors, dentists or spiritual leader etc.
A clear 5×7 head shot with full smile & teeth showing must be included with application.
The application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
Application reviewal dates:
May 1, 2018
October 1, 2018
Each applicant will be notified of approval or denial after the end of each selection process.
There are two ways to apply:
- Online: Click Here to apply online
- Return the completed application, applicant questionnaire and dentist recommendation, letters of recommendation, photos and treatment contract together in one packet to:
Please return application to:
Keene Orthodontic Specialists
105 West Street
Keene, NH 03431
In order for us to best answer your questions please email us at S4L@Keeneortho.com. Please do not call the office with questions, as the Foundation is managed separately.